Major Achievements : 2016-17 (up to 31st March, 2017)
Major achievements of the Tribal Welfare Department, Government of Tripura during 2016-17 (up to 31st March, 2017)
- 1,44,746 nos. ST boys and girls students have been provided stipend under the scheme of Boarding House Stipend, Pre-Matric Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship and Additive to Post Matric Scholarship.
- 11,498 nos. ST students were benefitted under the scheme of Merit Award to Meritorious Students.
- 49,279 nos. of ST students were provided financial assistance for purchasing Text Books.
- 104 nos. of ST students have been sponsored for Nursing & Paramedical courses to the Institutions located inside and outside the State.
- Free coaching classes arranged for 84 ST students for appearing in the Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Medical, Engineering and other professional courses and also free coaching arranged for 313 ST students for appearing in various competitive examinations like TCS / TPS, Banking, Railway etc.
- 732 nos. ST students were provided coaching under the scheme of Madhyamik Drop-out Coaching.
- 8,316 number ST students/boarders of 151 nos. ST hostels attached to the Govt. run HS/High School were provided free coaching in Science Group, English etc. under the scheme of Special Coaching in core subject.
- 252 nos. ST students of EMR Schools in Tripura appeared in AISSE (Class-X) under CBSE for the year 2015-16. 238 number students (i.e. 94.44%) passed the examination successfully. Out of 238 students, 190 (i.e.79.83%) students passed in First Division. At present 1,562 nos. of tribal students are reading in four nos. EMR Schools.
- 149 nos. ST students of EMR Schools in Tripura appeared in AISSCE (Class-XII) under CBSE for the year 2015-16. 118 nos. students (i.e. 79.20%) successfully passed in the said examination, 73 nos. students (i.e. 61.86%) passed in First Division.
- Construction of 7 nos. ST Boarding houses with 50 seats capacity for girls and boys attached to various schools had been completed and already been inaugurated.
- Initiatives were taken for construction of one Cold Storage at Karbook under Gomati District.
Implementation of RoFR Act, 2006.
- 1,27,157 Forest Dwellers have been given Forest Rights under the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006 and the quantum of land involved is 1,76,332.08 hectares.
- Demarcation of land completed through GPS for 1,21,108 families. Pillaring completed for 1,19,322 families.
- 93,349 nos. Forest Dwellers were supported through various programmes of Line Departments/ MGNREGA for their sustainable livelihood under the State Level Flagship Programme namely “Economic Benefit Scheme for the Recipients for the Forest Dwellers”. 28,406 nos. Forest Dwellers were provided housing facilities.